Thomas J. Waters Elementary School North Annex, Chicago, Illinois
The Brick Industry Association’s (BIA) Brick in Architecture Awards is the global premier design competition featuring clay brick and its infinite design versatility.
That’s why The Belden Brick Company is proud to announce that Belden brick was used on seven award-winning projects, including a Best in Class for Educational (K-12) on the Thomas J. Waters Elementary School North Annex.
BEST IN CLASS WINNER:
- Educational (K-12) - Thomas J. Waters Elementary School North Annex, Chicago, Illinois Architect: Bailey Edward Design Brick Distributor: Brickworks Supply LLC, Mason Contractor: MPZ Masonry
- Paving & Landscaping - Canton Centennial Plaza, Canton, Ohio Landscape Architect: MKSK Brick Distributor: Ed Schory & Son Mason Contractor: Enviroscapes, Inc.
- Commercial - Altgeld Community Resource Center, S. Ellis Avenue - E. 131st Street, Chicago, Illinois. Architect: KOO LLC, Brick Distributor: Brickworks Supply, LLC, Mason Contractor: All Masonry / All Construction Group
- Educational (Higher Education) - Hillsdale Christ Chapel, Hillsdale, Michigan Architect: Duncan G. Stroik Architect, LLC Brick Distributor: Belden Brick & Supply Company Mason Contractor: Weigand Construction
- Educational (Higher Education) - St. Joseph's Arrupe Hall, Lower Merion, Pennsylvania Architect: Moto Designshop Brick Distributor: Diener Brick Company Mason Contractor: Dan Lepore & Sons Company
- Education K-12 - Watkins Intermediate School, Pataskala, Ohio Architect: Garmann Miller & Associates Brick Distributor: Hamilton Parker Company Mason Contractor: Allman Brothers Masonry
- Paving & Landscaping - Toledo Mott Library, Toledo, Ohio Landscape Architect: EDGE Landscape Architecture Brick Distributor: Kuhlman Corporation Mason Contractor: Mitch Cousino Hardscape LLC
Congratulations to all involved in this year’s Brick in Architecture award winners! A special thank you to the architectural and design community for stretching the limits of your creativity and delivering such breathtaking projects featuring The Belden Brick Company’s products. We are honored to be included in this prestigious group of companies that fuel our industry.
About BIA’s Brick in Architecture Awards Competition
Since 1989, the BIA has sponsored one of the country's most prestigious architectural award programs - the Brick in Architecture Awards. As the only national association to represent both manufacturers and distributors, BIA is the authority in the clay brick industry. The competition celebrates brick architectural design, the building material's historic and timeless versatility, and is an excellent opportunity to showcase the craftsmanship of our masons.
Per the competition rules, eligible projects include any work of architecture completed since January 1, 2016, in which new clay brick products comprise the predominant exterior building or paving material (over 50 percent), including face or hollow brick, building brick, thin brick, paving brick, glazed brick, structural glazed facing tile, new clay brick products in special shapes and/or a combination of these.
Read the 2021 winners press release. 2021 Brick In Architecture Awards Competition announcement of winners.